Having read through a chunk of Fangs at the Gate, mostly the Bronze Tide section, I'm wondering if/how I can incorporate the Bronze Tide into the plot of the game. Given that Lathe is slap-bang in the middle of the Cinder Isles, I'm frankly shocked that the city didn't merit a mention in the Neighbours section of FatG that discusses the Bronze Tide.
Our chronicle hit pause just as the Circle were about to start an assault on Lathe to kick the Realm out.
To my mind, points of possible intersection with the published material are:
- One of the Circle's Night Castes believes themselves the rightful ruler of a tribe of people who have a claim on Lathe, who the Realm have suppressed. These could easily be a minor tribe of the Tide who forgot their history after being defeated at Lathe, and the main body of the raiders catches up with them in the next installment of the chronicle. Succession/authority crisis ensues, and if the Circle can wrestle control of the Tide from Lukha Palash, they can leverage them to invade Lathe.
- Part of his claim to being that ruler lies in claiming various heirlooms (I shameless stole the "Treasures of Rule" idea from Pirates of Dark Water), which could be a source of authority to contest Lukha's leadership.
- One clue to finding the remaining treasures has been revealed to be a "King under the Waves", which can either be involved with the caves under Sayfar, or be accessed through them.
- The Fae that the Circle previously dealt with was one of Spear-Empress Bhadri's twelve companions (focused on subterfuge and destabilisation, a little perfect for the role of an advance infiltrator), and at his death she's out for revenge against the Circle.
- Have Lukha be the bonded mate of the Night Caste.
- How to square the lack of references to the Tide in the chronicle so far?
- Are there other connections between Lathe and the Tide that I've missed?
- Are there any other ways I can link in the Tide to the campaign, now that the material exists?
- The Night's player is male, and I'm not sure how he would take the suggestion of a potential connection to Lukha. The Red Rule obviously applies, but any suggestions on how to broach the subject and handle it carefully?