Celestial Exaltation and Dragon Blooded Lineage

For general talk about Exalted, its setting, mechanics and playing the game
Kashi

Hey all!

I was just thinking about something hypothetical. Let's say you are a mortal (obviously for this scenario to work) child of two Dragon Blooded and you exalted as a Celestial Exalt: Solar, Lunar, etc. Do your children still have the chance to carry that lineage and become Terrestrial Exalts? I am sure this is either been addressed or is probably storyteller fiat, but I just thought I'd poll some of the community.
Blaque

Nothing against it. It's never been said any way on the front. You still have the Blood of the Dragons in there somehwere, but it's not going to ignite if your'e an Exalt and your kids proably have teh same odds as anyone else who's grandparents were Dragon-Blooded is how I would run it. Though that said, I tend to run it with odds diminsihing pretty quick generationally.
vampire hunter D

Blaque wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:13 am Nothing against it. It's never been said any way on the front. You still have the Blood of the Dragons in there somehwere, but it's not going to ignite if your'e an Exalt and your kids proably have teh same odds as anyone else who's grandparents were Dragon-Blooded is how I would run it. Though that said, I tend to run it with odds diminsihing pretty quick generationally.

This is how I'd do it. Though, I do wanna point outyou can always improve the odds by having said kids with a Dragon Blooded partner
Kashi

Blaque wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:13 am Nothing against it. It's never been said any way on the front. You still have the Blood of the Dragons in there somehwere, but it's not going to ignite if your'e an Exalt and your kids proably have teh same odds as anyone else who's grandparents were Dragon-Blooded is how I would run it. Though that said, I tend to run it with odds diminsihing pretty quick generationally.

These were pretty much my thoughts on the matter.
BogMod

If you are going by 3e the progenitive potential builds up in Dragon Blooded not in the others. For others nothing is at all suggested that it can be lost in any way. Think of it more as divine miracle over a genetic quirk.
I play the video games.  https://www.youtube.com/bogmod
Kashi

BogMod wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:05 am If you are going by 3e the progenitive potential builds up in Dragon Blooded not in the others. For others nothing is at all suggested that it can be lost in any way. Think of it more as divine miracle over a genetic quirk.

I am not too familiar with 3E as I just can't seem to muster much enthusiasm for it, so, I might be wrong in exactly how this works or if it is accounted for, but this is why I was leery of giving an actual mechanic to Dragon Blooded lineage, although I get why it exists, to prevent shenanigans with creating Dragon Blooded. However, it doesn't seem to account for the random lost egg that pops up in the Threshold with no Dragon Blooded parents, yet obviously had Dragon Blooded ancestry from some ancient hero, which is something I think is good for making characters that are Dragon Blooded but want to start their own families away from the Realm, Lookshy or wherever or be on their own.

My original question was just curious if Celestial exaltation might 'burn out' that lineage, although I don't see why that would happen.
Lioness

Kashi wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:22 am My original question was just curious if Celestial exaltation might 'burn out' that lineage, although I don't see why that would happen.
That's how it worked in 1st and 2nd edition and occurred at essence 4+, though this was mostly due to concerns about shenanigans concerning the stacking the god blooded ability to learn their parent's charms with the charms of an exalt.
Kashi

Lioness wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:47 pm
Kashi wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:22 am My original question was just curious if Celestial exaltation might 'burn out' that lineage, although I don't see why that would happen.
That's how it worked in 1st and 2nd edition and occurred at essence 4+, though this was mostly due to concerns about shenanigans concerning the stacking the god blooded ability to learn their parent's charms with the charms of an exalt.

I think I would just say that any half caste child that exalted in this way that had god-blooded/half-caste charms from their parent would just receive an exp refund to repurchase Dragon Blooded charms that mimic similar abilities if possible, and if not, to just invest as appropriate.