Spambots and PMs

For all your feedback as well as news about the site. Help make a forum you want to see
andrix
Site Admin

We've had a few reports of spambots that aren't just posting threads which the mod team can sweep up, but that are now PM-ing users too. First up thanks to everyone who's reported them so far and sorry if this has affected you. I've been away this weekend but will be looking into it once I'm back in a place where I can do so and the reports do help.

We've been playing spambot whack-a-mole since the site launched and it's ended up being a bit of a fine balance as the captchas/filters I've tried have a habit of also preventing legit users from creating accounts if I dial up the sensitivity so high as to guarentee no bots. This obviously isn't an acceptable solution. But then neither is bots PMing people so this is clearly something that needs addressing, it might be we need to put stricter limits on who can send PMs if there's no better answer in the short term. If anyone has any suggestions please don't hesitate to make them.

And if you are getting these PMs, like I said, reporting is helpful

Thanks as ever for supporting us and putting up with stuff like that, you shouldn't have to so we'll do our best
Sword of Creation Site Admin
Please consider giving input on the feedback forums about things you like or want changed
We have contests currently active, make sure to check them out