Fasan, Red Jade Short Daiklaive

Want to share your artifacts and evocations, show them off here

Moderator: Epiphany

BogMod

Fasan is an elaborate work of red jade in the form of a bracelet carefully worked to look like an entwined pheasant and peacock form of the elementals to make up the bracelet.  Yet carefully placed twists and internal latches that can be activated by one attuned to it and the bracelet can instead take the form of a slim bladed jade knife.  Made for the Crown Princess of Y’danna the weapon was made to tap into the woman’s powerful devotion to her family and those she cared about.

Swapping between the two shapes either takes a miscellaneous action which can be flurried or the spending of a mote to make the change in an instant.  Charms may have the keyword Knife or Bracelet to indicate in which form the artifact must be in to use certain charms.  Without either keyword said charm is usable in either setting.

Weapon Stats
Category: Light, Accuracy +5, Damage +10, Defense +0, Overwhelming 3, Attunement 5
Tags: Concealable, Lethal, Melee, Piercing
 While in Jewelry form Fasan adds one bonus die to all appearance based rolls.

Evocations

Emperor’s Regalia
Cost: 2m; Mins: Essence 2
Type: Reflexive
Keywords: Jewelery
Duration: Scene Long
Prerequisites: None
 None can ever doubt the beauty of form that is the Crown Princess’s splendor.  All bonus dice that appearance would grant now count as bonus non-charm successes.  In addition when making an appearance based roll count the target’s Resolve as being one lower than normal.

Pheasant Talons
Cost: -; Mins: Essence 2
Type: Permanent
Keywords: Knife
Duration: Permanent
Prerequisites: None
 The blade of the knife always seems to find just the right seam in armor to slip in and strike at.  Piercing attacks no longer cost a point of Initiative to use.  If Lam wishes to however she can spend the point of Initiative to make a piercing attack and in doing so reduce the defence penalty on her to 0.

Guard the Nest
Cost: 4m, 1wp; Mins: Essence 2
Type: Reflexive
Keywords: None
Duration: Instant
Prerequisites
: Emperor’s Regalia
 The bond between parent and child is an extraordinary thing.  Even when they hate one another there is always something there in that connection.  So it is that no matter the cunning words that connection can always be asserted to deny its influence.  When using this charm any Major or Defining positive Intimacy for a person can be enhanced to treat a social influence that would make Lam act against those she cares for unacceptable order.

Blazing Pheasant Rending
Cost: 10m, 2i; Mins: Essence 3
Type: Supplemental
Keywords: Knife, Decisive
Prerequisite: Pheasant Talons
 For a moment the red jade of the knife flares up with burning red flames as it is driven to strike a foe.  On a damage roll the extra successes on the attack roll count towards damage and as well as re-rolling all 1s until they don’t appear anymore.

Emperor's Grand Display
Cost: -; Mins: Essence 3
Type: Permanent
Keywords: None
Duration: Permanent
Prerequisite: Guard the Nest
 On display the grace and beauty of the Princess is hard to ignore.  People get caught in the trappings up and forget the details and deeper meanings.  Raise the difficulty of Read Intentions actions on Lam by the appearance difference bonus she would normally enjoy, minimum 1.

Resplendent Blade of the Garda
Cost: 5m, 1wp; Mins: Essence 3
Type: Supplemental
Keywords: Dual
Prerequisite: Emperor’s Grand Display, Blasing Pheasant Rending
 The final shape of the Garda Bird is that of a great four armed warrior.  While this artifact can not grant additional arms it can grant the strength of them.  When making an attack Lam can change up to 4 dice split between her attack and damage rolls, chosen after she rolls, into non-double successes.  If a charm causes her to have to reroll she can choose a new four dice to convert after she rerolls.  This charm is useable once per scene and can be reset by landing two damaging Decisive blows on a non-trivial target.

I play the video games.  https://www.youtube.com/bogmod

Tags:
DaringSteel

I love the concept! Reminds me of switchklaves from 2E - I always felt like core Exalted doesn't have a good option for artifact knives without them, and "just use a short daiklave" quickly turns into "just use 2 short daiklaves like every Fire Immaculate in Creation, because they come paired." (I don't want two "short swords" the size of small children hanging off my belt, I want something small and subtle that can turn into a face-wrecking death machine as soon as I roll Join Battle.)

- "Adds one dice to Appearance-based rolls" - would this just mean it's exceptional equipment for those rolls? That's definitely how I'd implement switchklaves, especially since they collapse into fancy pendants.
- You mention "Lam" a few times - is that the name of the character who has it?
send feedback pls
BogMod

In regards to the adding dice I suppose it would. Honestly I had completely forgotten about exceptional equipment. There was just stuff and then the magic stuff!

Lam is the name of a character from a game. This is an artifact made by my Twilight for a party member.
I play the video games.  https://www.youtube.com/bogmod