[Solar Linguistics remake] Cunning linguists everywhere

Share your homebrew charms and spells for others to use and feedback

Moderator: Epiphany

Synapse

Good evening, everyone!

The Linguistics Remake is up :D

This one was a doozy, between creating aides to use the ability on its own, suggesting new uses for it and translating solar authority and radiance to the art of writing, we ended up with 30 charms :O

A few of the classics make a return, but now your savvy interpreters and master cryptographers can make people go mad, and few are so well versed in the art of elevating (may I say exalting?) people to honor-or suffer- their titles as the Lawgivers. It is in the name after all!

As always, feedback is welcome. I hope you enjoy this one!

Tags:
LefferDP

Overall I like it better than the core book Linguistic charms.

Moving Harmonious Presence Meditation to Linguistics makes a lot of sense and is a good idea. Being good at choosing words should have a mechanically benefit on other social abilities.

I really like the idea of the Bestowal charms, but they feel a little like they're stepping on Craft's toes. Also, writing charms on the fly seems like kind of a pain for Radiant Instrument Apotheosis. It might be neat to have the ability to strike someone's name from the record as well, rather than valorizing or demonizing them.
Synapse

LefferDP wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:35 pm Moving Harmonious Presence Meditation to Linguistics makes a lot of sense and is a good idea. Being good at choosing words should have a mechanically benefit on other social abilities.
Aye, the Linked charms were a relatively clean solution to the problem of "you really could and should expect exalts to be good at these regardless of ability". They show up at the roots of a lot of my ability remakes.
LefferDP wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:35 pm
I really like the idea of the Bestowal charms, but they feel a little like they're stepping on Craft's toes. Also, writing charms on the fly seems like kind of a pain for Radiant Instrument Apotheosis.
Lore, actually! This cribs from Wake the Sleeper. And yeah it can be a bit of a chore if you're not into it.
LefferDP wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:35 pm It might be neat to have the ability to strike someone's name from the record as well, rather than valorizing or demonizing them.
Hmm, good point. I wonder what could be done. This is probably the closest a Solar as I'm writing them will get to what you'd normally expect from sidereals, since in this part of the set they both have heavenly endorsement.

I'll burn some neurons over this, thanks for the idea.