Solar Presence Revamp

Share your homebrew charms and spells for others to use and feedback

Moderator: Epiphany

Sandact6

Do you like Solars but hate how their social charms were less than stellar shortly after the corebook launch, let alone after Lunars? Would you love it if the charms had a little more punch while maintaining some resemblance of balance? Well I got news for you: I got bored. Which means nearly 40 or so charms appeared out of the ether.

What can you expect with this rewrite?
  • Rewriting of the Solar Presence tree from the ground up. Trust me: It needed it.
  • Oodles of charms that do brand new things, while Exalted vets enjoy a trip down memory lane with a few official and fan favorites.
  • Dedicated support for Manipulation focused Solars. No longer does Presence feel like Charisma: The Ability. You have plenty of support for your social actions and some very neat tricks of your own. Easily convince others to hand over the shoes, or tell them that the sky is purple they'll actually buy it.
  • Minimal charm copying. I only needed to copy two Lunar charms. Technically 3, but the third existed in a charm I made 10 years ago so hell with it that doesn't count.
Want to amaze those peasants? Then click here to find out in this one simple ability!

Tags:
BogMod

Sandact6 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:49 pm Do you like Solars but hate how their social charms were less than stellar shortly after the corebook launch, let alone after Lunars? Would you love it if the charms had a little more punch while maintaining some resemblance of balance? Well I got news for you: I got bored. Which means nearly 40 or so charms appeared out of the ether.

• Rewriting of the Solar Presence tree from the ground up. Trust me: It needed it.

So I had a question about Impassioned Discourse Technique. Curious why you didn't give this charm more oomph or some kind of trickery or just a complete redo? In fact as written you could conceivably get less dice for more motes than you would with a regular excellency.
I play the video games.  https://www.youtube.com/bogmod
Sandact6

BogMod wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:29 am
Sandact6 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:49 pm Do you like Solars but hate how their social charms were less than stellar shortly after the corebook launch, let alone after Lunars? Would you love it if the charms had a little more punch while maintaining some resemblance of balance? Well I got news for you: I got bored. Which means nearly 40 or so charms appeared out of the ether.

So I had a question about Impassioned Discourse Technique. Curious why you didn't give this charm more oomph or some kind of trickery or just a complete redo? In fact as written you could conceivably get less dice for more motes than you would with a regular excellency.

I thought 3m would be fine, as you can can a maximum possible 4 dice from this or break even. It goes down to 2m with Harmonious Presence, which does make it better. You're getting slightly better returns on dice. Most people I've seen spam the same defining/major intimacy, or at least can apply them in most circumstances. Also because usually when I have a rule of "When a charm adds X dice, where X is some static constant or slight variable (Attribute/Ability/Intimacy), then the price of the charm is (Maximum X Value)-1 motes." This was the reason I set it at 3m.