OC Gala 2022 - The Crucified Dreamer, Moonshadow Caste

For sharing all your art, commissions, references and inspirational images

Moderator: Epiphany

angelasasserart

A haute couture piece of my Abyssal character, The Crucified Dreamer, for Vicky Pandora's OC Gala 2022 event! She wears an ensemble of gilded Soulsteel, fine silks, a bone inspired corset and belt, with blood jewel accents.

She is a Deathknight of the Lover Clad in the Raiment of Tears, her devotion etched in her face with the tear streaks. Her crucifixion wounds adorned with jewelry and henna tattoos never heal.  This concept started as a fun 'what if my Eclipse, Kalara, were an Abyssal' exploration.

Painted in Procreate with finishing touches in Photoshop, with stock help from Jookpubstock and a backdrop provided by Vicky Pandora.

Detail:

Full View:

First drawing of the Dreamer:

Time lapse video:
Last edited by angelasasserart on Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Art of Angela R. Sasser
See more of my Exalted art and writing at The Uncrucified.  Follow me on DeviantARTArtStation, & Twitter.

Tags:
andrix
Site Admin

Ok, yeah, she's stunning. I'm a sucker for alts and love how you can still see Kalara underneath it all. Also really enjoy how she is unquestionably abyssal but you've managed to really bust the whole black outfit and pale skin paradigm with it, the pink eyes and the face markings are touches that do a lot to sell things.

I'm not familiar with Vicky Pandora or the OC event however, got any more details on it?
Sword of Creation Site Admin
Please consider giving input on the feedback forums about things you like or want changed
If you have any issues feel free to message me
Kittlefish

Oh my! Scary and evocative.
angelasasserart

@andrix I'm glad to hear someone really vibing with my rather pink interpretation of Abyssals! I wanted to go against type juuust a bit and I'm glad that still works with their themes, despite it all.

She's also very much "What if Kalara indulged in her darker urges for revenge" and had less inhibitions.  The concept really intrigues which may be a fun angle to explore in AU fic sometime (or if I find a clever way for her to meet her dark reflection in The Uncrucified fic's rewrite).

Vicky Pandora is a prolific D&D artist who has gorgeously detailed art and characters. She's most active on Twitter as far as I can tell. You can find out more about the OC Gala event here (I'll edit this in to my post too). Basically, everyone draws their OCs based on a theme and shares them on the chosen day of the 'masquerade'. It was a lot of fun!

@Kittlefish thank you!  That's a combination I like in my Abyssals. :D
The Art of Angela R. Sasser
See more of my Exalted art and writing at The Uncrucified.  Follow me on DeviantARTArtStation, & Twitter.