Exalted Secret Santa 2021 - Khalil

For sharing all your art, commissions, references and inspirational images

Moderator: Epiphany

angelasasserart

Merry Calibration to my Secret Santa giftee! Here's my take on Cecil's Leno-Myraavi Khalil, a particularly anxious and polite Twilight Caste. Cecil mentioned making a comic of this character some day and I hope he will! Khalil intrigues me with his strange tattoo and haunted look.

I took cues from his anima which is described as 'eyes that look everywhere and nowhere arrayed like a peacock's tail' and his spell, Wood Dragons Claws.

I got to experiment with Procreate's Hemp and Soft Pastel brushes with Dry Ink for the contrast of the more crisp lines. I'm quite pleased with the results!

Planning sketches:
Timelapse video:

Also including the ref image Cecil drew. Find out more about Khalil at his blog here:
https://grimmjowjaegerjaquez.tumblr.com/

The Art of Angela R. Sasser
See more of my Exalted art and writing at The Uncrucified.  Follow me on DeviantARTArtStation, & Twitter.

Tags:
andrix
Site Admin

Thats a hell of a secret santa gift, awesome work...I might need to try and twist your arm into doing a piece like that on commission for me some day, I really love the tarot look
Sword of Creation Site Admin
Please consider giving input on the feedback forums about things you like or want changed
If you have any issues feel free to message me
angelasasserart

andrix wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:53 pm Thats a hell of a secret santa gift, awesome work...I might need to try and twist your arm into doing a piece like that on commission for me some day, I really love the tarot look

Hey thanks! I love this look too. It's a nice combination of painterly and symbolic Art Nouveau line work, which I have mainly worked in for the past few years. Eventually, I will open up for commissions, but right now I'm closed for a long while for shoulder surgery and to wrap up some of my own long-standing projects. If you're interested to know when I open back up, though, definitely sign up to my mailing list where I'll put out an announcement whenever that happens.
The Art of Angela R. Sasser
See more of my Exalted art and writing at The Uncrucified.  Follow me on DeviantARTArtStation, & Twitter.