Color Palette Sheet - Eclipse Caste

For sharing all your art, commissions, references and inspirational images

Moderator: Epiphany

angelasasserart

The official Vampire the Masquerade Instagram shared a set of really cool swatch sheets for each vampire clan, which inspired me to make color sheets to go with the Exalted setting as well!

I couldn't resist starting with my favorite caste, of course. The bright gold harkens to the glittering Eclipse anima, silver for their associated color, & blue for their associated element of Air.

Though in saying all that, my Eclipse is very FIRE AND BLOOD. I'm going to have to draw her in silver and blue for the fashion challenge now just for fun. Also, how DARE other castes get two color associations while Eclipse only gets one. -scoffs-

More sheets to come when I have time!

And then I updated this with a new version including more information so it can be a more thorough reference card:
Last edited by angelasasserart on Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Art of Angela R. Sasser
See more of my Exalted art and writing at The Uncrucified.  Follow me on DeviantARTArtStation, & Twitter.

Tags:
Anshu

Can't wait to see the others. Will they be in this thread or have their own?
angelasasserart

Anshu wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:15 am Can't wait to see the others. Will they be in this thread or have their own?

I'm thinking what I'll do is finish the rest, then I'll post them all in one forum post here and also come back and link to that from this post. I didn't think I'd be able to get them done quickly, but here I am with a surprisingly slow Sunday so I might just breeze through the rest!
See more of my Exalted art and writing at The Uncrucified.  Follow me on DeviantARTArtStation, & Twitter.
angelasasserart

And now for a third and hopefully final iteration! I've updated this palette sheet with more labels and a more organized approach to what the colors mean. Also dropped the element associated color off to keep the palette more cohesive (and I can always put elements on a different sheet).

I actually ended up finishing ALL of the caste palette sheets so I'll share them in their own thread here in the forum soon once I finish up the master reference sheet for animas with the 3e Signature Characters! In the meanwhile, you can download all of the palettes from this thread on Twitter.

andrix
Site Admin

I absolutely love this and when you've got another thread might be tempted to see if I can cross post it to the Resources forum so anyone looking for interesting little things have a chance to stumble across them rather than potentially passing it over here with all the character art.

I get a kick out of how your zenith colour palette is basically exactly the same as the colour palatte for my PC, but mostly really enjoy how the colour choices you've got here manage to be evocative of the times of day they're referencing. I think the dawn one might be the strongest in that regard although night is really running it close...and it's a real prompt to make me think about those sorts of colours when doing characters in future rather than just drowning everything in gold.
Sword of Creation Site Admin
Please consider giving input on the feedback forums about things you like or want changed
If you have any issues feel free to message me
angelasasserart

andrix wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:59 pm I absolutely love this and when you've got another thread might be tempted to see if I can cross post it to the Resources forum so anyone looking for interesting little things have a chance to stumble across them rather than potentially passing it over here with all the character art.

That's a good point! I'll gather the caste palettes over in Resources since it may be a long while before I can finish the Anima Portraits.

I'm so happy to see this has given you some inspiration and food for thought! It always bugged me a bit that gold was the most often seen color for Solars when they're described as having such interesting subtle variations. Here's to bringing in some more visual interest for them!