Exalted Cycle of Five Elements

For sharing all your art, commissions, references and inspirational images

Moderator: Epiphany

Jen

I made a Wu Xing chart for Exalted since I can recite the Chinese version of Generating/Overcome order but never the Exalted one 🐟

Last edited by Jen on Tue May 04, 2021 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tags:
Bifford

That's cool!
BogMod

Is this the cycle of elements mentioned in the 2e book about elementals?
I play the video games.  https://www.youtube.com/bogmod
Monstrous Heretic

BogMod wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 6:51 am Is this the cycle of elements mentioned in the 2e book about elementals?

Couldn't be; Divinininity only retreaded the elemental Essence cycling from 1e, where killing an elemental causes their elemental Essence to re-enter Creation and flow back as another elemental of the same element, sometimes even the same kind of elemental. If elemental Essence cycling worked this way, it would cycle through different elements each time.
Jen

BogMod wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 6:51 am Is this the cycle of elements mentioned in the 2e book about elementals?

Oh no, this one is from the 3e DB book (or the companion book I think).
BogMod

Monstrous Heretic wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:26 pm Couldn't be; Divinininity only retreaded the elemental Essence cycling from 1e, where killing an elemental causes their elemental Essence to re-enter Creation and flow back as another elemental of the same element, sometimes even the same kind of elemental. If elemental Essence cycling worked this way, it would cycle through different elements each time.

I had to track it down cause I was sure there was something like that and found it. From Divininty(Yes I own a copy with the misprint on the title):
Air permeates. Earth abides. Fire burns. Water flows. Wood lives. So do the elements rest.
Air precedes water. Water precedes earth. Earth precedes wood. Wood precedes fire. Fire precedes Calibration. So do the seasons proceed.
Wood refreshes air. Air fans fire. Fire renews earth. Earth channels water. Water feeds wood. So do the elements cultivate.
Fire consumes wood. Wood covers earth. Earth blocks air. Air freezes water. Water drowns fire. So do the elements destroy.

These are but three and one of the 25 harmonious and 5 impeded elemental cycles of Creation.
I play the video games.  https://www.youtube.com/bogmod